Alton Splash Pad
The City of Alton received a $250,000 Building Better Communities grant from the American Water Charitable Foundation (AWCF) to create an inclusive community splash pad providing equitable and accessible water-based play spaces that inspire children to connect with nature and the outdoors.
The program is administered by the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA). The City of Alton received additional financial support through the Tax Increment Financing (TIF) pogrom to aid in constructing concession and restroom facilities at the splash pad/amphitheater location.
These projects encourage the community to engage in water and nature-inspire play; connect to the natural world; and participate in activities related to water conservation, water stewardship, environmental education and water-based recreation.
Season: Memorial Day – Labor Day
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 10:00am-5:00pm
Private Rentals: You can reserve the Splash Pad for a private rental from 6-8pm, up to 100 people.
Private Rental Prices: Residents – $150, Non-residents $200
Birthday Party Rental: You can reserve our designated birthday party area, up to 20 people (during normal operating hours). The rental fee includes small hot dogs, chips, and drinks for up to 20 people. Renters will get a reserved area, including 4 picnic tables
Birthday Party Rental Price: $100
All camps, daycares, churches, or businesses wishing to bring groups to the Splash Pad must call the Alton Parks & Recreation office to make a reservation before entering the Splash Pad area. Groups who do not have a reservation will be asked to leave.
Contact 618-463-3580 to make a group or party reservation, report rule violations, maintenance concerns or for general information.
The Alton Splash Pad is located at 1 Riverfront Drive.
Splash Pad Rules
(For the safety of all users, please observe the following)
- All children under the age of twelve must be accompanied by an adult.
- NO lifeguard on duty or supervisor on duty; use at your own risk
- No glass containers or breakable objects
- Individuals with health conditions, such as diarrhea, nausea, open sores/wounds, infections (skin, eye, ear and/ or respiratory) are not permitted in the area
- All participants must conduct themselves in a courteous, safe and family oriented manner
- Swim suits and/or appropriate attire must be worn at all times
- Water shoes are recommended. No tennis shoes or boots allowed.
- Food and glass containers are not permitted on Splash Pad deck. Please keep food and glass containers in the designated concession stand area.
- Climbing on Splash Pad features is strictly prohibited.
- No pets allowed on Splash Pad
- No smoking or alcohol allowed in Splash Pad area
- No drinking Splash Pad water, spitting and spouting of water from the mouth
- Swim diapers are required for all un-potty-trained children
- Roughhousing or violent play is prohibited
- Not responsible for lost or stolen items
- No skateboards, roller blades, skates, bicycles or scooters
- No soaps, detergents or shampoos are to be used on the Splash Pad
- Be mindful of inclement weather. Remember, “Lighting Kills”! Splash Pad shall be vacated at first sound of thunder. Play can resume after 30 continuous minutes without thunder or lighting.
- Athletic equipment, balls, bats, beach balls, noodles, etc, are not allowed on the Splash Pad
- Splash Pad may be closed at any time due to weather, maintenance or other operational concerns.
- Maximum bather load is 100